Log in

No account? Create an account
05 February 2006 @ 09:36 pm
Stupid Stupid mortgage company  
So, one of the companies that held my mortgage last year doesn't have tax forms available yet. Using the web interface, I can find out how much interest I paid in 2005, but they don't have the proper forms ready. ugh.

Using those numbers, I should be getting a refund over $4k. First year I'm doing itemized deductions, and mortgage + property tax makes a HUGE difference.

I resent being forced to play tax collector accountant for the government. Can I bill somebody for my hours, using my standard contractor rates?
Nina Forsythninaf on February 6th, 2006 05:50 am (UTC)
It's my first year also. It's very exciting and I keep finding random deductions that are probably not legal! Just kidding.
Higgs Bosonradu on February 6th, 2006 06:19 am (UTC)
i think you can report them. Technically they are suppose to provide your proper tax documents by Jan 31st. It won't get you your forms any faster but it make give you a little bit of satisfaction having them fined.
Stupendous Manfarmalloc on February 6th, 2006 06:51 pm (UTC)
Yes I am in the same boat two of the companies that help my mortage since May still havn't sent the tax forms. I am looking forward to a refund. I also have an additional dependent (carol) and I believe I can file head of the household but I have to look that up. Did you change your deductions on your W2 when you bought your house?
St. Sean the Amusedseanb on February 6th, 2006 07:32 pm (UTC)
No, I didn't change the deductions.

I found forms to download the tax information on my mortgage companies' websites. As far as I can tell, this meets their requirement for "providing" the information. Creating logins the website for company that USED to hold my mortgage was a pain, of course.